Thursday 24 November 2011

Is geen the new black?


As a true lover of the fast-fashion industry, I hold my hands up to the crimes I have committed to sustainability. Like most 16-20something girls who love to shop, the word ethical tended not to play a big role in my spending...
Oh how naive I have been!
After spending a term creating a project based solely on ethical issues of fashion and the vintage frontier I feel nothing more then sheer guilt for my negligence toward fashion today. How easy it is to throw away that slightly tatty tee from Topshop when there is another one so easily accessible for a small cost in Primark. We are all culprits of the consumer greed driven market we live in today and it is time to consider the effect it is having. 
The fashion world is evolving and the evolution is GREEN. 

Below is a dedication to Atelier-Mayer, providing luxe vintage clothing, and helping do their part to change fashion... http://www.atelier-mayer.com/who